Become an Individual Mentor!
As an individual, you’ll get the chance to connect with and inspire a young woman at a critical time that can truly make a difference in the rest of her life.
Young people are clearly eager to hear from you and learn from your experiences.
Individually, you’ll have the opportunity to change the life of that young person. Collectively, we’ll change the world by tapping into the full potential of our females.
How can you make a difference by mentoring a young woman in a STEM related field?
- Opportunities in STEM related fields throughout our state and our country:
- In the past decade, growth in STEM jobs has been three times greater than non-STEM jobs.
- In the next decade, STEM-related jobs are projected to increase by 16.5%.
- While women comprise 48% of the US workforce, only 24% are in STEM fields.
- There is only one female STEM worker for every three males in STEM.
- Women in STEM earn 33% more than comparable women in non-STEM jobs.
- Out of 100 female bachelor students, 12 graduate in a STEM major but only 3 continue to work in STEM ten years after graduation.
How does the MWM-IA initiative bring us all together to solve this problem?
- Once you have registered on the MillionWomenMentors.org website, you’ll be provided with a list of organizations with Mentoring opportunities. Select an organization, and let them know you’re interested in Mentoring for MWM-IA.org.
- There is no cost to participate. You will just be asked to invest just 20 hours mentoring a young woman on this topic.
- The mentoring format can be in person, via Skype or any number of options that will help you connect in a meaningful way.
How do I get started?
- Visit www.MillionWomenMentors.org. Note: IE9 users will need to enable compatibilty view
- Click the “Pledge to Mentor” button.
- Fill out the short pledge form with your information.
- Make your commitment and click “I Agree.”